Training On-Site Or By Video Conference
Asnet Technologies provides comprehensive training across the entire range of conferencing solutions, which is personally tailored to suit each organisations needs. Our installation and training staff undergo supplier-specific certification to ensure quality training for our clients and exceptional knowledge of our equipment.
The training we offer our clients includes:
- Any mix of different Polycom video conferencing systems – Telepresence, High Definition, and Standard Definition.
- Utilising equipment during video conferencing including laptops, computers, document cameras, visualisers, whiteboards, projectors, and multiple displays.
- SmartBoard interactive whiteboards.
- Integrated control systems, including AMX.
- Digital signage, including One Lan.
Training for Smartboards, digital signage and AMX control units are initially held on-site, with additional training available via video conference.
Encouraging A Teleculture
Our training team will help to introduce and encourage management and staff within your organisation to create a video conference friendly ‘teleculture’. This will encourage your team to embrace the habit of utilising video conferencing as an effective and common communication tool, by raising their awareness of the convenience and effectiveness of video conference meetings through knowledge, familiarity and practice.
Training sessions are delivered either on-site at your premises, or remotely via video conferencing, and can be delivered over IP, ISDN or your chosen network. We highly recommend training remotely where possible, which provides a more effective, realistic and hands-on approach. If your organisation does not have internet or ISDN to their video conferencing unit, they will require an on-site trainer at one of their locations, but can opt for remote training from there to other locations over their own network.
These sessions are customised to suit your organisation’s needs, structure and time availability of key personnel. We highly recommend that expected key users participate, as well as support staff, to gain the maximum benefit from the training. For best results, we recommend that each site partake in their own training session.
Multi-point connection (more than two locations meeting at once) training may either be included in a basic training session, or covered separately. Supporting training material will also be provided.
Integrated Control Systems And Digital Signage
Comprehensive training in integrated control systems such as AMX configuration is managed as part of the installation project.
As well as simple training to show staff how to use digital signage, we also recommend training a staff member on how to make simple content changes.
Effective New User Training
New user training is highly recommended for all purchasers of video conferencing solutions. This is a hands-on approach to being in a video conference, including general guidelines, what works, best use of the equipment, and best practice hints and protocols. Topics covered also include:
• What is video conferencing
• Room environment considerations
• Camera presets, settings and close-ups
• Adjusting the near and far cameras
• Microphone features and audio hints
• Displaying content from a computer or laptop
• Video conferencing etiquette
• The meeting process and chairperson hints
• Multipoint sessions and protocols
• In-room whiteboard use
• SmartBoard interactive whiteboard use
• Simple troubleshooting
• Using Asnet Technologies’ video on-line service
• The process for dialling within the organisation
• The process for dialling to a bridge
For more information on training, contact Melanie Hobbs on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 0800 7659-266