- Conducting Interviews: Interviews conducted for educational institutes, with the capability of interviewing anyone from anywhere in the world, is one of the most significant uses of video conferencing in Education. The exceptional quality of high definition video conferencing provides the ability to gauge the interviewees personality and demeanor, and can be used for first round short listing, through to final selection and appointment.
- Access to Experts: Connecting with experts via video conferencing is a huge advantage. From communicating with a single scientist to linking into a specialist event at an overseas venue, the whole world is opened up.
- Greater Access to Information: This is now achievable at a higher level, with remote access available to join national or international conferences that are not possible to get to physically.
- Hosting Guest Speakers: This is a trend in Universities, who are organising events in their lecture theaters for paying participants.
- Connecting the Team: Connecting the team is now even easier. Ministry of Education meetings with schools, academic roundtable for debating and networking globally, Special Education or psychology expert meetings with students, parents, caregivers and/or teachers can all be conducted via video conferencing. For example, the Ministry of Education Secretary presented to all 25 sites for the first time in 2007, so that everyone could be included.
Video Conferencing In The Classroom
Schools and universities are now able to offer additional subjects and classes from expert teachers presenting via video conferencing. For smaller, rural schools this means that one teacher can connect to different schools at the same time, where a small group of students can learn a subject that otherwise would not be viable, and creates a greater opportunity for the teacher. Students can connect from a single person in a video conferencing room through to a full lecture hall.
With their budgets under strain, administrators are using Polycom video solutions to give students more interactive, immersive, and innovative educational experiences—with a technology that pays for itself by reducing administrative costs and improving staff productivity. Four of the world’s top five colleges and universities, as well as hundreds of schools, colleges, and universities around the world, are using Polycom to improve all facets of education from teaching to course development to administrative meetings to advanced blended learning applications.
Educational institutes are now recognising the benefits of video streaming, which is the ability to record and archive the sessions as they take place. Streaming allows people to:
- review footage at will, without prejudice
- achieve mastery learning and achievement
- participate regardless of circumstance – no loss of class
- capture and store the entire experience, including people and content
- review and critique the event
Polycom HDX 6000 – Video Conference Unit
This Turn-Key Package Includes:
• Polycom HDX 6000 Codec
• Polycom Eagle eye Camera
• Polycom VC Remote
• Polycom VC Microphone
• 42” 1080p LCD Flat Panel Display
• Content Cable for presentations
• Freight to your school
• Installation of the equipment
• Remote 2 Hour Training Session
• 3 Year Maintenance, Software and Phone Support of VC System
Choose from either:
1. LearnSmart VC Package with a wall-mounted or freestanding screen
2. Mobile LearnSmart VC Package with a sturdy-wheeled Media Cart